March 24, 2008

It's the small things...

That make me deliriously happy. And by small - I mean small! Stamps to be exact. I have always loved the look of vintage stamps on the invitation envelope. A cluster of randomly beautiful stamps that grace that envelope is what I wanted. Getting it is a completely different story.
A nod to my Wrangling days



The sad state of affairs with Georgia's water supply

A nod to the industry that brought J and I together

Um...a pretty simply blue stamp?

The Elk....those who know..just laugh.

The most frustrating thing is to find one stamp that I really love - and can only find 100 of them out there in cyber space! 100?? That isn't even going to cut it. So at this point - I have a plethra of stamps which may or may not make it into your mailbox.
The magnolia doesn't really constitute as a vintage stamp - however it is quite beautiful, extremely close to my colors, and represents the south! What is more southern than a magnolia?


This one was definitely tricky to find - and therefore might not be on everyone's envelope. On January 2, 1788 - Georgia became the 4th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution. A little history lesson for everyone! It features our state tree - the live oak - with the Atlanta skyline in the background! (And it also has my lucky number on it!)

I felt I need to also find a stamp that represented J. He was a little trickier - because all of the neat ones I found were also $300 per stamp. After searching for a couple weeks - I quickly ordered the following. You think this is an accurate representation?

I have also have some surprise ones heading your way...that might represent you. Look for it in the next couple of weeks!

No comments: